Massachusetts Institute of Technology
PRESS MENTIONS FROM CCI RESEARCH REPORTED IN SCIENCE MAGAZINE OCTOBER 2010
- Original Science Magazine article, Woolley, A. W., Chabris, C. F., Pentland, A., Hashmi, N., & Malone, T. W. Evidence for a collective intelligence factor in the performance of human groups, Science, 29 October 2010, 330 (6004), 686-688
- Print media (US):
- Science, 10/1/10, Social savvy boosts the collective intelligence of groups
- Wall Street Journal, 10/9/10, Smart Groups & Women
- Albany Times Union, 10/11/2010, You're smart, they're smart, it didn't work
- Boston Globe, 12/19/10, Group IQ
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette.com, 1/10/11, Groups produce collective intelligence, study says
- The New York Times, The Opinion Pages, 1/17/11, Amy Chua is a Wimp
- The New York Times, The Opinion Pages, 3/17/11, Social Science Palooza II
- Harvard Business Review (HBR), June 2011, Defend Your Research: What Makes a Team Smarter? More Women
- Print media (International):
- Globe and Mail (Canada), 9/30/2010, If you want collective smarts, include women in your group
- COSMOS magazine (Australia), 10/1/2010, Group not a sum of parts especially with women
- La Tercera (Chile), 10/1/10, Estudio dice que los equipos inteligentes son más sensibles y tienen más mujeres [Study says that intelligent teams are more sensitive and have more women]
- La Vanguardia (Barcelona, Spain), 10/2/10, Las mujeres tienen mas inteligencia colectiva [Women have more collective intelligence]
- The Telegraph (India), 10/25/2010, More women, please
- Globe and Mail (Canada), 2/22/11, Why smart people don’t necessarily make smart group
- National Public Radio, 9/30/10, Collaboration Beats Smarts In Group Problem Solving
- CBC Radio (Canada: "Quirks and Quarks" show), 10/9/2010, Women Shine in Bright Groups
- WGY Radio (Albany, NY), 10/13/10, Interview with Christopher Chabris.
- Scientific American, 9/30/10, Groups with Good Social Skills Outperform the Merely Smart
- National Geographic, 9/30/2010, Smarter Teams Are More Sensitive, Have More Women?
- Wired.com, 9/30/2010, Intelligent Individuals Don’t Make Groups Smarter
- Discovery Channel News (online), 9/30/2010, How To Measure The Wisdom Of A Crowd
- MyScience.com, 9/30/2010, New study finds small groups demonstrate distinctive collective intelligence when facing difficult task
- MIT News, 10/1/10, Putting heads together: New study: groups demonstrate distinctive ‘collective intelligence’ when facing difficult tasks
- Carnegie Mellon Today, 10/1/2010, New Study by Carnegie Mellon, MIT and Union College Shows Collective Intelligence Of Groups Exceeds Cognitive Abilities of Individual Group Members
- nsf.gov, 10/1/2010, New Study Validates Factors That Enhance the Intelligence of a Group
- Dana Foundation, 10/1/2010, The I.Q. of the Crowd
- The Times of India (India), 10/1/2010, Teams with more women are smarter
- Thaindian.com (India), 10/1/2010, 'Socially sensitive’ teams with more women ‘are smarter'
- Psychology Today, 10/4/2010, Collectively, we can do better
- Renee Garfinkel blog in Psychology Today, 10/4/2010, Will This Be The Most Intelligent Supreme Court Ever?
- The Whole Brain Blog, 10/6/2010, Close the Gender Gap! Problem Solving Improves When More Women are on the Team
- Heather Wax: Science + Religion Today, 10/15/2010, How Can We Know Who Will Work Well Together and Who Won’t?
- Digital Daily Science & Innovation, Science for Presidents, 10/21/2010, Collective intelligence exists and can be measured
- Creativity and Innovation (Keith Swayer Blog), 10/28/2010, Group Genius and Collective Intelligence
- LiveScience, 10/30/2010, Good Decision-Making Groups Need More Women, Not Geniuses
- Mediapart, 11/4/10, L'intelligence collective, un travail d'équipe [Collective intelligence is teamwork]
- Financial Times, 11/17/2010, A better balance in intellectual risk-taking behavior
- Margaret Heffernan blog on Huffington Post, 11/17/2010, Science Acknowledges: Women Make Teams Smarter
- Margaret Heffernan blog on BNET, 11/17/2010, Three Ways to Make Your Team Smarter
- Woman Around Town, 11/21/2010, Smart Groups & Women
- Time.com, 11/29/2010, Forget IQ: The Emerging Science of Collective Intelligence
- Anna Nagurney’s Blog in RENeW, 12/20/2010, Collective Intelligence, Successful Teams, and the Female Factor
- The Drucker Exchange, 12/24/2010, A Woman’s World
Sign Up to receive email notification of new working papers and upcoming events.