Creating new examples of collective intelligence
- Climate CoLab
- Using new collaboration tools, this project is attempting to harness the collective intelligence of large numbers of people to address the problem of global climate change.
- Combining Human and Machine Intelligence for Making Predictions
- This project studies how human and machine intelligence can be combined to make predictions about future events such as product sales, political events, military actions, and business product development.
- This project is exploring how to integrate ideas from argumentation theory and social computing to help large numbers of people enumerate the issues, ideas, and tradeoffs for complex problems with much greater signal-to-noise and much more systematic organization than existing (e.g. forum, wiki, or idea-sharing) technologies.
- Nonlinear Negotiation
- This project is investigating ways to help large numbers of individuals come to agreements about complex problems with many interdependent issues.